Welcome

My name is Bryan Hullihen and I have worked in the field of substance abuse treatment, in one way or another, since 2008. Prior to that I battled my own addiction at progressing levels since I was thirteen. I didn’t recover until I learned that, while in active addiction or early recovery, my thinking could not be trusted. Although addiction infiltrates mind, body, and spirit it was my thinking that kept me sick. Some of my best plans lead me back to addictive behaviors until I began to take direction from those who knew better long enough for my brain to heal and for my recovery to become established on solid ground. The purpose of this blog is to provide a forum for discussing the insidious nature of addiction and the precarious nature of early recovery. I look forward to reading your comments and feel free to post your own personal stories. Remember that this blog is public so don’t post anything confidential or things that you do not want others to read.

Sincerely,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bryan Hullihen talks about early recovery and his early days following prison

Bryan Hullihen and The path to success

Bryan Hullihen and the Mental Shift